Albert Einstein (via thelovelybones)
Albert Einstein (via thelovelybones)
why change the opening of big love!! i want the song back!!
- What is it like to wake up every morning and pretend that you aren’t dying?
- Do you believe in the death penalty? What if someone murdered your mother in cold blood? What if someone murdered a stranger’s mother, but saved your life the month before?
- If you had a friend who spoke to you in the same way that you sometimes speak to yourself, how long would you allow that person to be your friend?
- Would you rather be rich and paralyzed from the waist down or poor and able bodied?
- What’s the most expensive gift you have ever received? Is it the best gift you have ever received?
- When was the last time you lied? Is it possible to lie without saying anything at all?
- Stealing is immoral, right? But what if stealing was the only way to feed a starving child?
- If I gave you $20, what percentage would you – really – save? If I gave you $200,000, what percentage would you save? Should there be a difference?
- If someone could tell you the exact day and time that you are going to die, would you want them to tell you?
- If you found out you were going to die today, would you have any regrets? Would you be happy with the way you spent the last 24 hours of your life?
- What’s your single greatest moment of personal failure? Looking back on it now, did it make you weaker or stronger? What did you learn?
- Do the words ‘freedom’ and ‘liberty’ mean not being persecuted or discriminated against, or do they mean doing whatever you please?
- Have you ever discriminated against someone? Imagine that a street gang notorious for wearing purple shirts has robbed and murdered several hundred people in your town. If a man wearing a purple shirt just rang your doorbell, would you answer it?
- Is it crazier to choose to be poor or to spend 40 years of your life hating 40 hours a week?
- Do you ever feel like you don’t have enough time? How many hours a week do you spend watching TV, or playing video games, or…?
- Do you ever celebrate the green lights?
- If you could be given another talent or ability, what would you want it to be? Have you ever – really – tried to perfect this ability in yourself?
- No matter how bad things get, are you aware that someone always has it worse than you do?
- When you help someone, do you ever think, “What’s in it for me?”
- Joy is found with simple awareness. What does your joy look like today?
- What’s the difference between ‘living’ and ‘existing?’
- Are you willing to sacrifice the life of your child or lover to support a war?
- Do you ask enough questions, or do you settle for what you know?
- If you could do it all over again, would you change anything?
- If your life was a novel, what would be the title and how would your story end?
The Kite Runner
submitted by Lovelyda
im in this place….stuck
1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
4. Live with the 3 E’s — Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy
5. Take time to pray and read your Bible daily.
6. Play more games.
7. Read more books than you did in 2009.
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day
9. Sleep for 7 hours.
10. Take a 10-30 minutes walk daily. And while you walk, smile.
11. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
12. Don’t have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
13. Don’t over do it. Keep your limits.
14. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
15. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip.
16. Dream more while you are awake.
17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
18. Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner with His/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate others.
20. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
22. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
23. Smile and laugh more.
24. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
25. Call your family often.
26. Each day give something good to others.
27. Forgive everyone for everything..
28. Spend time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
29. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
30. What other people think of you is none of your business.
31. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
32. Do the right thing!
33. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
34. GOD heals everything.
35. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
37. The best is yet to come..
38. When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it.
39. Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.
Last but not the least:
40. Please Forward this to everyone you care about, I just did.